We had a good turnout for the Centenary Cup on Sunday, with close racing right up to the finish. Have a look at the report on the website. Congratulations to Berry Ritchie and Sue Harris sailing vintage merlin Crescendo for winning this prestigious trophy.
We were able to open the balcony door on the newly refurbished Cadet Room on Sunday. Members were able to sit on the balcony for the first time. It looks fantastic. Many thanks again to Colin Stokes for the design and to Charles Fox for the build. We will be able to use the balcony for seating for the performance on Friday night – for more details please see the events below.
A few notices from me:
- Thursday 7th – Jon Redding would like to swap his duty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 7th – those wishing to eat please e mail Jo Carstens on email@example.com.
Selection of salads followed by dessert. £10 pp. Available from 7pm onwards.
- Thursday 7th – Tallullah Harris (new member) is looking for a crewing job in the handicap race starting at 7.15pm.
- Saturday 9th June – Alan Green is looking for a crew in his National 18′ Orion for the Adelaide Cup and Tamesis Anchor
- Saturday 9th June – any volunteers to help in the race box and as Patrol Boat crew please e mail Jim Green on firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the club.
Carolyne Vines, Commodore